Language Translator

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Let it Snow! Did I make it in time?


photo by Suzanne * December 21, 2013 * Fort Worth, TX

I know, I know...isn't this amazing?  I REALLY did take this photo, and SOMEONE added snow to it!  It was a cold and drizzly day in Fort Worth, and we were over on the west side, trying to get our Christmas shopping done, when what to my wondering eyes did appear!!!  What a line-up!  These were some of the most beautiful trees I've ever seen, just waiting for the right person (with a large wallet, I might add) to come along and take them home.


~photo by Suzanne * December 21, 2013

~photo by Suzanne * December 21, 2013

This is the spot where the gorgeous trees are in Fort Worth, TX, if anyone is in dire straits for the prettiest tree on the block!  


~photo by Suzanne * December 17, 2013

The nativity scene in front of St. George Catholic Church in Fort Worth. They have this every Christmas, and I just love it!  This is the first time I have photographed the scene!

Well, time is flying...December is almost gone now,  the New Year is beating on it's back door.  I have taken some plants in for the winter, and, they are faring well.  Begonias in bloom, and the fern is holding its own.  Outside, the vinca major and violets are standing up to the cold arctic blasts we've experienced thus far this winter.  

I hope you all are well and happy during this holiday season,.  We have participated in two food drives for the needy in the past month, from home, and at work.  And, yet, I know it's never enough!  There are so many in need, and, I feel guilty when I'm eating my delicious foods and salads, knowing that some child would truly enjoy a plate of spaghetti or a home grilled burger.  So, I do as much as I can during these food drives.  And, food drives are just a drop in the bucket of needs in our country-shelter, clothing and medical assistance are among some of the greatest needs.  

Christmas is only one day in a year filled with over 300 days of needs to millions of people.  If I MUST make a New Year's resolution, and, if you know 'what's her name' over at KardKornerKrib, then you know she doesn't make New Year's resolutions!  BUT!  Ms. Krib has agreed to make this one resolution, to do more  for the needy and less fortunate in the year 2014! 

*** Thank you for stopping by.  We're all so busy with the holidays...I don't even have a meal planned yet!  But, I will get there!  Soups on, y'all!  Please stop in and say hello if you get the chance.  I love hearing from you, and appreciate all smiles and laughter!  Be safe this Christmas season, and, have fun!

*** P.S. If you are reading this via email, you may not get to see the spectacular snow animations added to my photo!  So, you should call up my blog for the best effects!

***
And, by the way, Ms.Asta over at KardKornerKrib recently had a birthday...
 (she doesn't want you to know her age)!
 Cindy from work took a couple of flicks of the Birthday Girl!

~photo by Cindy Rogers * December 19, 2013

***
I wish to thank:
Google Chrome for adding the snow
feature to my Christmas trees!

So, y'all better watch out, you better not shout, 
Cause me in my kerchief, and, pa in his cap,
Have just settled down for a long winter's nap!
Merry Christmas to you all from,MyTexasGardens!

9 comments:

  1. Hello, dear Suzanne! It is I... the SDS guy! WOW! That animated snow is the coolest! I wonder if you could put me in touch with the person who did that effect for you. I'd like to simulate tumbleweed blowing across my blog because it's been like a ghost town over there this week! (LOL)

    I enjoy strolling through farmer's markets with all the people and smells and tastes and bargains to be found. You folks really got hit hard by winter even before it officially arrived on the calendar. We've got near record heat on our side of the Gulf - in the 80s - and our "ho ho ho" has been replaced by "ho hum!" I think it's supposed to dip down to the low 70s Christmas day but I doubt I'll see any snowflakes falling! :)

    God bless you for stepping up to help the needy and for reminding all of us that the dire need exists not only during the holidays but all year long. I am still reminded of your story about the girl who had to sleep on the concrete at a store entrance. We must all give thanks and also give back.

    Happy birthday to Ms. Asta and merry Christmas to you and your evil twin - the other Suzanne - to Karo and to Scootie Potter! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady! Bet you're staying pretty busy. Sounds like you're going t have quite a crowd for Christmas!

      Well, I took the tree pictures from my phone, because I didn't have the camera. It's a new phone, but I managed somehow to connect to Google Chrome. I have tried to email my pics to me, but it's hard to figure out. Well, now they're going directly to my picassa albums on Google and they gave me the original view and a view with the snow...go figure!

      So you think you're dipping down into the 70's! Haha! Not bad though, we're barely at 40° today. But really, that is unusual for us...we typically enjoy 60-70° weather during Christmas.

      Thank you for complimenting me on my story from last year, "Stockings For Mary". One day I may try to write another short story! And, Ms. Asta thanks you for the birthday greetings!

      Again, Merry Christmas Shady to you and yours...and, God Bless!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for your vincas for holding up so far. It won't be long until you are showing your outdoor thermometer again topping over 100 degrees.

    Those trees are so pretty, and the added snow makes it feel chilly.

    Good for you for participating in the food drives. Every bit helps and you have done many parts in these drives.

    Merry Christmas, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! I know it won't be long before we'll be peaking at 95 to 100°. And, yes, those Christmas trees were really nice. I love the snow, it brought the trees to life.

      We help with the food drives every year and year round. Sometimes the Post Office sponsors one in the spring, and they come around and collect what you have put out on the porch. It's a great thing!

      Thank you so much for coming by Nancy. May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! ♥

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your blogs so much and this was beautiful with the falling snow. Merry Christmas to you and your family and the Happiest New Year. (HUGS) from KC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. I'm so glad to know you enjoy my blogs, and, I want to thank you for coming by. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your large, wonderful family...and Elvis! lol! Hugs and greetings to KC!!! ♥

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas from Kansas City.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, anonymous, I'm so glad you came by! Do come again and say hello! Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and Kansas City from Fort Worth!

      Delete
  5. Well hi there Miss Snowy Suzanne. That snowy effect on those gorgeous trees is terrific, and I loved the wind effect in the other photo as well! I'm impressed my friend. Love the nativity scene. That's what it's all about really , isn't it. That is such a good resolution you have for 2014. We really are so blessed, aren't we? So many people out there with so much need. There are food banks all over the place over here. Lovely photo of the birthday girl. Don't worry, I'll keep your secret! Have a happy and joyful Christmas my Texan friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

What is your favorite flower today? Stop by and say hello!