Language Translator

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Welcome Autumn, and, a friendly complaint!

~photo by Suzanne in Fort Worth, 
sometime early July, 2014

How are all of my blogmates doing, now that Autumn is upon us?  It is gradually cooling down here in the Lone Star State, and our State Fair opened on Friday morning.  I doubt that we'll try to fight the crowds to go, but, I'm sure it's going to be loads of fun!

I really just came by to say hello, and discuss a couple of concerns I have.  Somehow, I lost a lot of my illustrations from previous posts on this blog.  I don't know everything about 'high-tech' stuff, but, golly, what a mess some of my picture files have become.  A while back I signed on to Google +.  Now, somehow, they've zapped all of my picture files from my computer to my phone, thus taking up ample space on the phone!  And, I can't seem to get them off of the phone.  Consequently, when I tried to delete a particular folder (MyTexasGardens) from my phone, it also deleted them from my blog!  This is pretty frustrating, to say the least, and I think it will be quite a job to fix, don't you?
I just don't understand why the pics could not be deleted from my phone ONLY!  And, some of them are years old, and have no reason to be on my phone.  Is there a lesson here?
Maybe, 'If it's not broke, don't fix it?'  NAH...that's not it!  
So, for now, I'm up in the air about it! 


* Next, on my agenda is a subject no one really wants to discuss or complain about.  However, I am quite tired of the anonymous comments blowing up my emails to the tune of 6 to 12 per day!


~Anonymous~

A few every now and then can be handled, but the comments coming to this blog and Karo's Rockabilly blog are now bordering, not only on annoying, but also on harassment!  The comments do not make much sense, and are clearly of form letter content.  For the most part, these folks do not know what they're talking about!

 I have sent a complaint feedback to Blogger regarding this issue, and, have not received a response yet.   I do know there's not a lot that can be done,  I just want these comments to be reduced to a minimum.  I do appreciate that they are not immediately slammed on to our blogs, but, they are a hassle to go through and delete.

If these folks are so apt at  'so-called' constructive criticism, they need to identify themselves, or stay off of our blogs!

***
I do want to thank you all for coming by, and I hope your Autumn season is becoming quite enjoyable.  Just can't wait to see the falling leaves of red and gold, eh?  Stop and say hello if you get the chance...I love to hear from you!

*** And, remember, it is time to transplant your Iris, in order to reap a grand showing in the early spring.  Be sure to give them plenty of sun.  Cut back your Coleus and clean up your Begonias and Geraniums.  I promise they will give you some additional color during the fall months.

note:  The header photo and garden photo are mine

Thank you Yahoo images for loaning me a few images!


From my house to yours...be safe and give Love!



4 comments:

  1. Hi, Suzanne! I wish I was a techie and could give you advice to correct your picture problems but I'm not and I can't. I am very sorry you are losing stuff. What a pain! I also share your displeasure with anonymous spam comments. Every day I delete at least 100 of them from my own blog. It's time consuming and aggravating.

    Falling leaves of red and gold? Not down here in steamy Florida. I'm still patiently waiting for the temperature to drop down to a bearable level. It will probably be a couple of months before I can turn off the air conditioner and open the doors and windows to air out the house. It's raining again at this very moment. For more than a week we have been stuck in a tropical weather pattern with periods of heavy rain just about every day. The ground is saturated and flooding has been reported across the region. A large portion of my yard is under water. Hey, I always wanted a house on the waterfront and now I've got one!

    Keep your chin up, dear Suzanne. As a dear former friend of mine always used to say "onward and upward." I wish you a safe and happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shady. I guess at some point, I will fix my picture problem...for the most part, a lot of them are saved on my computer, but some I have deleted, so I can ad lib. I still have the photos from my window share post last year, so I'm good there. You're right -'onward and upward'!

    And, those anonymous comments are a pain. 100 a day is truly cruel and unusual punishment! But, I don't think anything can be done.

    Gosh, I didn't know your area was so rainy and steamy! The flooding and standing water cannot be good. Florida always brings to mind bright sunshine and cool breezes, lol! Soon, it will cool down, and, we'll be back in those 40's and 50's. We are still under the air conditioner too. I think we only have a few months out of the year without it.

    Thank you so much for coming by Shady. We'll send a dry weather alert your way and bring relief immediately! Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frustrating on the spam comments. Wonder if it has something to do with Google and the pictures. Although it is time consuming, you might check your cloud and see if some pictures are there from your blog. This happened to me also, but the pictures I lost were from years 2007 thru 2009, and I have no explanation. Grrl.

    Enjoy your fall and yes, I am dividing iris also. Have brought my geraniums inside and find little caterpillars falling off them every now and again. Odd. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had caterpillars on geraniums Nancy, goodness! They must be attracted to that pungent fragrance! Guess I will just have to work on restoring some of my posts and carry on. Thanks for your visit. Have a great week!

      Delete

What is your favorite flower today? Stop by and say hello!