Language Translator

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanks to November!

~Branson, Missouri * photo by Suzanne
11-14-16

This year, Autumn has brought many amazing surprises to the forefront.  It has been a fast-moving season, and, I don't want to let go of it just yet.  How about you?

September blew in without a fuss, inciting anticipation of  red and gold leaves, along with cooler breezes.  Well...for a lot of us folks, temperatures remained in the upper 90's throughout most of the month, and the only leaves turning color were the ones that were dying! 

Oh...October!  School has been in session for a month, and, the spooks are getting restless for those tricks or treats!  October also opens up the inner child in a lot of us adults, bringing back the fun memories of hayrides, fall festivals, and, Halloween.

I know, enough is enough!  Just couldn't help myself!
~photo by Suzanne * October 28, 2016

BUT...November!  Wow!  This one roars in and blasts us with a powerful Presidential election to beat all elections so far in my lifetime!  And, we are finally graced with a rapid cool down into the 30's here in the Lone Star State, forcing department stores to bring out their winter wear for sale.   Then comes the lull before the storm, and preparations for Thanksgiving!   

My mother had mentioned that she and my sister would be leaving for Branson, Missouri in November, and, I whined that I wanted to go also.  Mom checked with the touring agent, and there was space on the bus for me.  Before I knew it, I had driven past the Red River into Oklahoma, and through the woods to good ol' Kansas!   A couple of days later, we were on the bus to Branson.  I didn't know what to expect since I had never been there, but, I was pleasantly surprised.

I had longed to see Autumn leaves, and there were still some in Branson.
  Below are just a few of the photos I took.







 




November is the month that brings a lot of us together to share memories, whether sad or happy.  This November has been a pretty emotional month for all, and, I think it will wind down with a lot of sharing and good cheer!   It has been a  month of celebrating veterans and servicemen all over the world.  And, it's been a thoughtful month of vows to help those in need.

 I am especially thankful for this November, because I enjoyed a week with my mother and family in Kansas and Missouri, with ideal weather.   The remainder of the week will be spent with my loving Texas family, and, I am ready for some Thanksgiving food!

***  As for you guys...don't forget the football games! ***


***

Thank you all for coming by, I always enjoy your visits.  Remember, I am the shy one, at least, that's what I told them on the tour bus as we were singing "tweet, tweet, tweet" to the 12 days of Christmas!


But, please stop in and say hello.  Remember to be safe this coming weekend.
   Don't text and drive! 

 Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, from our house to yours, and, love to all from
MyTexasGardens!  


~Pumpkins, anyone?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Suzanne and hiya, Scootie Potter!

    Thanks for offering musings about the Autumn of 2016 and for telling us about your recent trip out of state to see your mother and sister and visit the heartland tourist destination Branson, Missouri. I enjoyed gazing at the pictures you snapped of colorful fall leaves. I am surprised the leaves were still hanging on the trees this late in the season and that far north. I'm very happy to learn that you encountered fair weather on your trip, too.

    You don't strike me as a shy person. Did you say that to the other bus passengers because you didn't feel like singing Christmas songs quite yet? I know the holidays will be bittersweet for you, Suzanne, as you recall fond memories of Thanksgivings and Christmases with Karo. My heart goes out to you. Keep in mind that I lost my dad on Christmas Day. For years after it was, as Elvis sang, "a blue blue Christmas." Gradually the pain eased and in recent years I have been able to face the holidays in fairly good spirits. I pray the same for you, dear friend.

    Thanks for the cute pictures of Scootie. Be careful on the trip to Paradise and have a wonderful Thanksgiving, dear friend Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady. We were in Branson for three days, and, saw quite a few shows, along with overeating! I'm always wanting to get photos of the vegetation and foliage, lol! I am so glad I went with my mom and sister. I had to pull my sister up by the arm to do the 12 days of Christmas with me. It was hilarious...all bus riders were given parts in the song!

      The holidays will be hard for me and our families. Karo's brother is the best, and he loved Karo dearly. I know it has been hard for him. I lost my dad many years ago, and, my brother in 2007. We still miss them, but have great memories, don't we?

      Thank you for coming by, Shady, and, for sharing your kind thoughts and blessings. We still have so much to be thankful for! And, I'm wondering about your post with "Audrey II". Is this a preview of things to come?

      Happy Thanksgiving, Shady...see you! ♫

      Delete
  2. Hello, beautiful images. The trip sounds nice. I love the cute smiling kiddie! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Eileen. It was a great trip to Branson, featuring lovely Christmas decor, musical shows, and wonderful weather. Thank you very much for coming by and leaving your kind comments. Have a great Thanksgiving day, and safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Suzanne, your getaway to Branson sounded fun and spending the week with your Mum would've been nice too. Congratulations on being retired, it allows spontaneous things like that to happen without too much trouble doesn't it.
    Beautiful photographs of Scooter too.
    Keep well, and with warm thoughts I'll say Cheerio for now :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. I've been to see my mom and sister twice since retiring. It's true, sometimes you can just plan or pick up and go whenever you feel like it. It's an all day drive to Kansas and Missouri, but, well worth it. I do hope to take some short day trips here and there also.
      Thank you so much for your visit. I'm happy to see you. Take care, see you soon!

      Delete

What is your favorite flower today? Stop by and say hello!